Learn For Life
This subject will comprise of 3 hours per week on the same day, and all spent with the same teacher. Learning for Life is based around the PLTS (Personalised Learning and Thinking skills). Our aim is to make pupils better: Independent Enquirers, Creative Thinkers, Reflective Learners, Team Workers, Self Managers and Effective participators.
The topics studied are
1. What is Learning for Life?
2. The Olympics
4. The Romans
5. My world
6. Lost generation
Year 7 pupils will:
Understand how they learn best
Identify their own strengths and how they can improve in other areas
Understand how their brain works and how to best use it
Understand how to work as a team and learn from others around them.
Schemes of work available for download below
- Learning_for_Life_Schemes_of_workIntroduction.pdf (44.93 kB)
- Learning_for_Life_-_my_world.pdf (34.28 kB)
- Learning_for_Life_Schemes_of_work_lost_generation.pdf (40.49 kB)
- Learning_for_Life_Schemes_of_workcrime.pdf (68.76 kB)
- Learning_for_Life_Schemes_of_workRomans.pdf (55.05 kB)
So much to read about in our Newsletter this week: Our Christmas Fair Sat 7.12.13; Talented Emilia makes something scrumptious…
House Hero Jessica Barlow Year7, M8. “Jessica has contributed her time and effort to collecting the Wish Tokens for our House…
School will close for students for the Christmas holiday on Thursday 19th December 2013. The internal structure for the last…