Learn For Life
This subject will comprise of 3 hours per week on the same day, and all spent with the same teacher. Learning for Life is based around the PLTS (Personalised Learning and Thinking skills). Our aim is to make pupils better: Independent Enquirers, Creative Thinkers, Reflective Learners, Team Workers, Self Managers and Effective participators.
The topics studied are
1. What is Learning for Life?
2. The Olympics
4. The Romans
5. My world
6. Lost generation
Year 7 pupils will:
Understand how they learn best
Identify their own strengths and how they can improve in other areas
Understand how their brain works and how to best use it
Understand how to work as a team and learn from others around them.
Schemes of work available for download below
- Learning_for_Life_Schemes_of_workIntroduction.pdf (44.93 kB)
- Learning_for_Life_-_my_world.pdf (34.28 kB)
- Learning_for_Life_Schemes_of_work_lost_generation.pdf (40.49 kB)
- Learning_for_Life_Schemes_of_workcrime.pdf (68.76 kB)
- Learning_for_Life_Schemes_of_workRomans.pdf (55.05 kB)
Dear Parents/Carers, We are holding a ‘Car Boot Sale’ and ‘Summer Fair’ on Saturday 8th June – 12 till 3 p.m. Gates will be ope…
The year 8 Rugby team exacted revenge for twelve months ago as they swept aside St Ambrose in the Salford Schools’ Championshi…
House Hero Sophie Corbett Sophie has no lates and is always polite Stars of the Week T1 George Bramer T6 Pheobe Storer T2 A…
School finishes today for half term and returns …