The proposed course in Music includes opportunities for candidates to develop their musical understanding through the interrelated activities of performing/realising and composing, and listening and appraising.
Will I enjoy this course?
The course provides a satisfying and worthwhile course of study for pupils. The Areas of study includes a range of music from the past and present, from the western classical tradition and other world cultures. It offers suitable preparation for further study. It takes into account developments in musical engagement and offers pupils greater opportunity to use ICT and Twenty First Century music technologies.
The Aims of the course are to:
Develop pupils’ interest and enjoyment of music that will be sustained in later life, so that they are inspired, moved and changed by studying a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study
- Develop pupils’ own musical interests and skills including and understanding of how to make music individually and in groups
- Enable pupils to evaluate their own and others’ music
- Develop understanding and appreciation of a range of different kinds of music
- Develop broader life-skills and attributes including critical and creative thinking, aesthetic sensitivity, emotional awareness, cultural understanding, self-discipline, self- confidence and self-motivation
- Structured musical learning through four Areas of Study:
- Dance Music
- My Music
- Shared Music
- Descriptive Music
- Opportunities for pupils to explore and compose in styles of their choice within the Areas of Study.
- Opportunity to perform in a variety of ways: Live Performance, Sequencing, Rapping, DJ Mixing.
- A unitised approach whereby some performing, composing and appraising assessments can take place at different points within the course.
- Opportunity to develop a wide range of creative, personal and social skills.
The exhibition will feature GCSE work from Art, Textiles, Graphics, Resistant Materials and Food. This is the perfect opportunit…
In September, Walkden High School is going to be opening a specialist base for a small number of Year 7 and 8 students with Mo…
House Hero Yorke Penn for volunteering to be next form captain. It’s pleasing to see a Year 7 taking on responsibility. Star…