Our main objective is to raise funds for the school and finance projects that benefit both school and its pupils. The PTA has raised money to fund the purchase of items currently used in school.
A few examples of these are:-
- Purchase and maintenance of the school mini bus used.
- The purchase and installation of a roll down projection screen.
- The purchase of equipment and kit for the school Football and Rugby Teams.
- Cameras, food processor, notice board, benches, etc.
- Telescope for Science Department
- Subscription to My Maths
We organise many events throughout the year, such as a Christmas fair, car boot sales and raffles. We also provide help at school events such as parent’s evenings, open evenings, showcases, presentation and award evenings, information evenings and provide light refreshments.
We also encourage parents and carers to support the school through the giving machine. The Giving Machine is the modern version of the school 'Bring and Buy sale' - instead today it's 'You Shop, They Give.'
Log on now to the Giving Machine and help Walkden High School PTA:
Why should you join?
- Free to join - takes just two minutes to register
- Turns parents and staff, who shop online, into Givers by diverting sales commissions to your school - at no cost to the Giver
- Only supports charities and schools
- Has the best selection of top shopping sites including; Amazon, eBay, Dell, John Lewis etc.
- Members of the Institute of Fundraising
- Clearly states how much will be donated and how costs are covered
We are always looking for new members to come along and bring with them some fresh ideas on fundraising. The dates of the meetings are in your child’s planner.
- PTA Chair Person - Mrs Marcia Wordsworth
- PTA Secretary – Ms Susan Richardson
- PTA Treasurer - Mrs Vicki Haye
If any parents work for companies operating the matched giving scheme, or a company willing to donate other prizes please get in touch with us. We would love to hear from you.
Company Matched Giving
Company matched giving is a very simple. Companies or businesses pledge to donate to a charity such as ourselves an amount of money relating to the amount that an employee(s) donates or fundraises for us. We have been helped enormously in the past by this type of donation, and there are several benefits to both ourselves and the company involved:
- employees’ morale is boosted by having their efforts supported by their employer
- the company benefits from having charitable donations written off against taxable profits
- the company can endeavour to get publicity for their giving
- our PTA benefits from receiving perhaps double what we have raised at an event
If you think that your employer has a matched giving scheme already in operation, or if you would like some more information about charity matched giving or setting up a scheme in your workplace, please talk to one of the PTA officers, or ask in the school office.
Everyone is invited to attend PTA meetings which take place every half term at school. Please contact school for more details when the next meeting is.
Please contact Mrs Ball at school if you are interested in becoming a PTA member or just want to come and see what it is all about.
Dear Parents/Carers, We are holding a ‘Car Boot Sale’ and ‘Summer Fair’ on Saturday 8th June – 12 till 3 p.m. Gates will be ope…
The year 8 Rugby team exacted revenge for twelve months ago as they swept aside St Ambrose in the Salford Schools’ Championshi…
House Hero Sophie Corbett Sophie has no lates and is always polite Stars of the Week T1 George Bramer T6 Pheobe Storer T2 A…
School finishes today for half term and returns …